Explainer videos about CoW protocol. An animated, simple and interesting to learn and use Cowfi
Diego Mares and Pilar Solis
Our incredible team is composed of:
- Diego: Founder and CEO @Cryptoversidad.
- Ben: Co-founder and adviser.
- Pilar: Head of Research. In charge of all the research & writing of our amazing content!
- Dani: Audiovisual Producer. The hand behind our amazing animations.
- Yami: Animation and design. The hand behind our amazing graphics.
- Robert: Operations Assistant. Helps identify and solve all types of problems.
- Juan Parra: Marketing Lead. Helps us share our work with the world.
Due to my status as a new user, all links will be in the first comment.
- CoWmunity growth
- User interface and user experience (UI/UX)
- Development of new Solvers
- Developer tools (SDK)
- Integrations and protocol order flow
- Other miscellaneous areas
Our proposal consists of creating 5 animated videos that aim to explain CoW protocol in a simple, easy and attractive way its main features and advantages. These videos will use Cow’s image and will be offered to be added to the official documentation. The 5 videos are as follows:
Video 1: Introducing CoW Protocol
Description: In this video, we will provide an in-depth introduction to CoW Protocol. You will learn about the core concepts, the protocol’s objectives, and how it fits into the world of decentralized finance. We’ll explain its innovative features and why it’s a game-changer in the blockchain space.
Video 2: What is CoW? CoW vs MEV
Description: This video will delve into the Coincidence of Wants (CoW) concept, which is central to CoW Protocol. We’ll talk about CoW and discuss how CoW offers protection against MEV-related issues. By the end of this video, you’ll have a clear understanding of why CoW is a superior approach.
Video 3: How Batch Auctions Work in CoW Protocol: Fair and Efficient Trade Settlement
Description: This video will break down the mechanics of batch auctions within CoW Protocol. We’ll explore how solvers compete to provide optimal settlement solutions, ensuring fair and efficient trade settlements. Viewers will gain insights into how batch auctions differ from traditional trading mechanisms and the benefits they offer.
Video 4: What Can You Do on CoW? The Boundaries of Permissionless Trading
Description: In this video, we will discuss the practical applications of CoW Protocol. You’ll learn what you can do as a trader or developer on the platform. We’ll also address the boundaries and limitations of permissionless trading, helping users understand how to make the most of this innovative protocol.
Video 5: The Journey to Full Decentralization with CoW Protocol
Description: In this concluding video of the series, we will delve into the intricate journey towards achieving full decentralization within CoW Protocol. We will discuss the paramount significance of open finance and the steps CoW Protocol is taking to realize complete decentralization in the coming phases. Viewers will gain a deep understanding of the protocol’s long-term vision and how they can actively participate in this evolutionary process
These videos will provide a comprehensive overview of CoW Protocol, from its core concepts to its practical applications and the path toward greater decentralization. They will be valuable for both newcomers and experienced users interested in the protocol’s innovations in the world of decentralized finance.
The primary goals of this grant are to educate the crypto community and potential users about CoW Protocol, highlighting its innovative features and its roadmap towards full decentralization. By creating these educational videos, we aim to increase awareness and understanding of CoW Protocol, attract more users and developers to the platform, and foster a sense of community and participation in the CoW DAO.
Please identify the key milestones that will help track the progress of your grant. Use the provided table as a summary and expand on each milestone description and deliverables below.
In this phase, the focus is on scripting. Here’s a more detailed description of Milestone 1:
- Script Development: The primary task for Milestone 1 is the development of scripts. These scripts could refer to the scripts that will be used for videos, or any other form of written content required for the project.
- Content Review: Once the scripts are developed, they should undergo a review process. This might involve quality checks, proofreading, or peer review to ensure the content is accurate, coherent, and aligned with the project’s objectives.
- Revision and Finalization: Based on feedback from the review process, necessary revisions should be made to the scripts. The final versions of the scripts should be prepared and approved.
Deliverables: 5 scripts.
Milestone 2 represents the second phase of the project or grant, which involves animation. Here’s a more detailed description of Milestone 2:
- Animation Production: The primary task for Milestone 2 is the production of animations. This could involve creating visual elements, special effects, or any form of moving images required for the project.
- Integration with Scripts and Narrative Stage: In this phase, the scripts developed in Milestone 1 will be merged with the created animations. This integration ensures that the project is cohesive and aligns with the initial plan. Additionally, the narrative stage will be conducted, where the script and voice-over necessary to complement the animations and effectively tell the story will be developed.
- Quality Control: A quality control process should be implemented to ensure that the animations meet the project’s standards in terms of visual appeal, accuracy, and coherence.
- Finalization and Approval: Once the animations are complete and integrated with the scripts, they should undergo a final review and approval process to ensure they align with the project’s objectives.
Deliverables: 5 animated videos explaining CoW protocol
Total budget: 6000 xDAI
- Content Development: 35% - This covers the research, planning, and scripting for each video in the series, forming the educational foundation of our project.
- Design and Translation: 15% - This budget will be used for designing visual elements for the videos and translating content to make it accessible to a broader audience.
- Animation and Video Production: 35% - This portion of the budget is allocated for creating high-quality animations and recording voiceovers for each video, a resource-intensive but crucial part of the project.
- Project Management: 15% - This covers the costs associated with coordinating the project, including scheduling, communication, and ensuring timely progress.
We have done similar work with Optimism: link in the first comment
By submitting this grant application, I acknowledge and agree to be bound by the CoW DAO Participation Agreement and the CoW Grant Terms and Conditions.