Grant Proposal – Milkman

Hi @charlesndalton, thank you for putting together this grant proposal.

As a member of the grants committee, I just wanted to inform you that we are finalizing a document with the final structure of the grant, and will share with you for comments early next week.

Thank you for your patience and support :cow:

2 Likes

Hi @charlesndalton,

After some discussions, the grants committee feels comfortable with the following grant structure: CoW GRANT 2 - HackMD.

Let us know what you think of it, and we move forward with the next steps.

1 Like

Hi @Master_CoW,

At a high level, this works.

One question: I see a reference to a typescript SDK: “Test suite for the smart contracts as well as for the SDK around it (typescript components etc).” This hasn’t been discussed thus far (at least with me). Perhaps someone from the committee could expand?

1 Like

Hey @charlesndalton

Let me try to clarify what we mean by this sentence:

• Test suite for the smart contracts as well as for the SDK around it (typescript components etc).

In regards to test suit for the smart contracts, it expected to have such contracts unit tested. From what we have been able to see in your github (milkman/test_cancel.py at main · charlesndalton/milkman · GitHub for example) you have already performed some of these tests. To mark this deliverable as completed, the grants committee expects to have at least >95% of the smart contract unit tested.

In regards to the Test suit for the SDK, it expected to have some python code that demonstrates using the contract for an actual trade. In other words, an end-to-end test that showcases how the system is supposed to be used & work. This test should be through enough to demonstrate that the systems works as expected.If this is not clear, happy to set up a call to discuss further.

Let us know if this is clear enough.

1 Like

Yep, makes sense!

I will add some code examples on how someone using ape-safe could create swaps with the different price checkers :+1:

2 Likes

Awesome, looking forward to this.

Then the next steps would be to sign the CoW Grants DAO Agreement and we kick off this endeavor :slight_smile:

I will reach out to you once I have it.

1 Like

This is a test of something we need to do to move the grant forward, but I want to make sure that only the relevant parties can vote.

Like milk?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

This is a great idea to test sentiment. Well done

Hi,

After all the comments back and forth, its finally the time to signal if the grant moves forward. For this, I would ask both the @cowgrantscommittee and @charlesndalton to read the final text of the grant here.

Additionally, it is needed the grants committee and charles signal that the proposal is moving forward via the following poll.

Should CoW Grants fund CoW Grant Proposal 2 - Milkman Smart Contracts?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters