Grant application: MEVaporized — Have I Been MEV’d Bot

Grant Title:

MEVaporizedHave I Been MEV’d Bot

Author:

@bleu @yvesfracari @ribeirojose @mendesfabio

About You:

bleu collaborates with companies and DAOs as a web3 technology and user experience partner. We’re passionate about bridging the experience gap we see in blockchain and web3.

We’ve worked on and maintained other Twitter bots (see CoW, Balancer) which have been daily posting protocol metrics and events for the last months.

Additional Links:

Our work for CoW so far:

• [CoW] MilkmApp: a Safe App designed for creating and managing Milkman orders within the CoW ecosystem. It empowers DAOs to sell tokens while deferring the price determination to execution time, leveraging price checkers for optimal pricing strategies.
  • [CoW] Python SDK ( ongoing): we’re helping CoW put together a Python SDK to provide for developers for querying on-chain data, managing orders, and integrating with the CoW Protocol’s smart contracts.
  • [CoW] Stop-Loss ( proposal): a Safe app UI to allow for multisig wallets to fully manage stop-loss orders.

Grant Category:

CoWmunity growth

Grant Description:

As described on this RFP, the CoW marketing team has interest to promote MEV Blocker by creating a bot that helps twitter users to check if and how much any given address was MEV’d. We would also like to propose additional features, like a Discord integration, daily overview tweets and privacy preservation mechanisms.

Grant Goals and Impact:

Our goal is to stimulate natural conversations about MEV on Twitter, raising awareness and directing new users to MEV Blocker. This bot offers an easy way for users to understand the impact of MEV on their (and others :eyes:) wallets.

Milestones:

Milestone Due Date Payment
Baseline within a week 3k COW
Privacy Preserving within a week 1k COW
Daily Overview within a week 0.5k COW
Discord integration within a week 0.5k COW

Baseline:

This milestone includes all the RFP features. The bot will scan mentions and messages for addresses. These addresses will then be queried on the Zeromev API, and the bot will respond with the total MEV losses along with a call to action for MEV Blocker.

Privacy Preserving:

In situations where Twitter users prefer to keep their addresses private, the bot will also respond to direct messages (DMs) as well. Its behavior in DMs will mirror that of the baseline feature. Additionally, if a user mentions the bot in a post without providing an address, the bot will initiate a chat to request the address.

Daily Overview:

This feature involves the bot posting daily MEV information. It will share the total MEV amount for the day along with other relevant data such as MEV distribution by category, the percentage of blocks containing MEV, and the total number of affected addresses. This data will be retrieved from the same API, utilizing the /mevBlock endpoint.

Discord integration

We propose integrating all accepted features into Discord. a /mevaporized command will be available to initiate a conversation only with the bot, mimicking the behavior in Twitter DMs. Additionally, we could also mirror the same daily overview posts from in a dedicated Discord channel.

Funding Request:

We suggest releasing payments upon the completion of each milestone. Furthermore, to ensure ongoing support and maintenance of the bot over the next year, we propose a vesting schedule that includes an additional 3k COW, to be disbursed after the bot’s delivery. This approach is intended to align our incentives with the continuous maintenance and support of the bot.

Budget Breakdown:

The budget includes the hourly rates of a developer during the execution, and a project manager on a need-basis. It also includes the diluted maintenance costs for 6 months. It also covers the expenses incurred during any eventual deployments. It does NOT include any fees paid to the Twitter API should the CoW team wish to use features that are gated (e.g. send >1k tweets/mo).

Gnosis Chain Address (to receive the grant):

0x554866e3654E8485928334e7F91B5AfC37D18e04

Other Information:

• All the code will be open-source from day 0. We’re open to feedback during PRs as well;
  • We believe in the future of the herd and thus we’re taking all the payments in COW as we want to grow our exposure to the protocol;
  • We created a handle at https://twitter.com/MEVaporized, where we would be conducting the initial testing. Would defer to the community about whether we should maintain that brand or fallback to the suggestion specified in the RFP;
  • We commit to sprinkling the tweets/messages with puns by ChatGPT :wink: ;
  • We’re happy to answer any questions and are open to feedback about this proposal;

Terms and Conditions:

By submitting this grant application, I acknowledge and agree to be bound by the CoW DAO Participation Agreement and the CoW Grant Terms and Conditions.

1 Like

Hey folks, in light of other proposals we’ve reviewed the milestone prices as well as the vesting amount. Curious to hear your thoughts here! Happy CoW :cow:

Hey folks, after some feedback from the CoW Grants team we would like to repost our proposal modifying the following parts:

Milestones:

Milestone Due Date Payment
Twitter Bot within a week 2k xDAI
Discord Bot within a week 0.5k xDAI
Telegram Bot within a week 0.5k xDAI
Dashboard within a week 1.5k xDAI

Twitter Bot:

This milestone includes all the RFP features. The bot will scan mentions and messages for addresses. These addresses will then be queried on the Zeromev API, and the bot will respond with the total MEV losses along with a call to action for MEV Blocker.

The reply message will have the following format:

MEV Receipt for <address>

+----------------------------------------------+
|  MEV Suffered: $$$ across <No.> swaps        |
|                                              |
|  Most Lost To:                               |
|  <Name of contract> <amount>                 | 
+----------------------------------------------+

Stop feeding the MEV bots.  
Install MEV Blocker: https://cow.fi/mev-blocker

The bot will live on this Twitter account.

In situations where Twitter users prefer to keep their addresses private, the bot will also respond to direct messages (DMs) as well. Its behavior in DMs will mirror that of the baseline feature.

Also, the bot will post weekly tweets with MEV stats. The bot will retrieve more information from the same API and share:

• Number of swaps MEV’d (frontruns and sandwiches)
  • Amount of MEV extracted that week
  • Amount in MEV bot profits
  • Total number of MEV victim addresses
  • How much in rebates users would have received if they had used MEV Blocker for their transactions

This weekly message will include images that will be programmatic generated from a template. An example of an image that can be generated (with fake data) is the chart below with the top 5 protocols in which users lost more funds on MEV.

Discord Bot

We propose integrating all accepted features into Discord. A /mevscanner command will be available to scan an address and reply with the same Twitter message template. Additionally, we could also mirror the same daily overview posts from in a dedicated Discord channel. Bot DM will be open to privacy-preserving scans. The weekly overview messages will be also posted in a dedicated channel.

Telegram Bot

We propose integrating the bot on Telegram. The bot can be added on groups or contacted on DM to privacy-preserving. In each case, when you send an address to the bot, it will reply with the same template as the Twitter message.

Dashboard

Simple web application where users can enter one address, or connect a wallet, to be scanned. References of the page are presented below:

Funding Request:

We suggest releasing payments upon the completion of each milestone. Furthermore, to ensure ongoing support and maintenance of the bot over the next year, we propose a vesting schedule that includes an additional 6k COW, to be disbursed after the bot’s delivery.

This approach is intended to align our incentives with the continuous maintenance and support of the bot. Small modifications such as new templates and layouts are included. However, new features such as new graphs for the dashboard, new actions of the bot, or new database integrations will have to be billed apart (probably on a small core contributor proposal).

Considering that the funding can be made all after the project delivery and it is:

• 4.5k xDAI;
  • 6k COW vested over 12 months.

Also, for the Twitter Bot, the basic plan that costs 100 USD / month of the Twitter API will be needed and is not included in the budget above. To cover this, the CoW Grants team can choose to provide an API key to be used or send us an additional USD equivalent amount to pay for it.

2 Likes

I like the proposal, it expands on the RFP that was posted originally.
I’d support moving to voting on snapshot

2 Likes

Thanks for your proposal, looks great to me, I signal my support to the proposal.

2 Likes

Looks good to me. Lets put this to a vote!

Proposal moved to snapshot: Snapshot

Please redo the snapshot. I have signalled my support for this proposal in this forum. Unfortunately, I was leave during the snapshot period.

No worries! Duplicated it to a new snapshot here.