Privacy Preserving CoW Swap Trader Leaderboard - Based on Sismo Badges
Software developer with six years of experience.
I have worked throughout the software lifecycle as a software engineer, software systems architect delivering major software systems. My primary professional interests
software architecture, continuous integration and delivery, software development
methodologies and test automation.
some of my recent roles:
Software developer (Big airline company) : key player in delivering real impact in digitizing the travel experience of numerous clients. I am delivering process improvements and solutions for our product Teams and take part in our collaborative effort to develop the next era of digitally enhanced traveling.
software developer GSG - built GSG loyalty program for a browser voucher extensions.
Backend: Python, NodeJS, Java
Frontend: Vue JS\Angular\ReactJS
Infra: Terraform, helm. certify AWS solution architect. Azure
I enjoy technology and I’m a frequent poster on Medium, where I share my insights with the community. Always had great interest in blockchain technology, in recent years created few side projects as trading bots and mining machines.
Today, CoW Swap is lacking the tools to engage with one of its highly important participants - its traders and users. It is clear though, that heavy users of the CoW Protocol and CoW Swap are valuable and should get recognition, and potentially even better discount tiers, special voting rights etc.
But, there are significant privacy concerns with this concept. Users would usually prefer to not attach their identity and their address, let alone associating many different addresses they own. This is where Sismo badges come into the picture.
Users will be able to collect and aggregate their trading volume from multiple accounts they own and generate a ZK cryptographic “Proof of Volume”. Then they can mint a badge to a new unassociated account, that proves their aggregate trading activity.
This badge will allow them to list on the “CoW Trader Leaderboard” and show off without revealing their actual wallets.
This badge could also be used in a dedicated snapshot space: “CoW Trader Union”, which could have some influence on the CoW DAO and Protocol.
Grant Goals and impact:
The main goal of this grant is creating a trusted verifiable and privacy preserving venue for CoW traders to showcase their contribution to the protocol trading volume.
In turn this could be the platform for better communication and coordination between CoW Protocol and its verified traders.
This milestone is a PoC that demonstrates the viability of the idea. This is the only milestone that is included in the funding request.
When delivered, CoW traders will be able to go to the Sismo playground and mint thier own privacy preserving badge that indicates their contribution to CoW Swap’s trading volume.
- Proposing a list of tokens that will be considered as eligible for the trading volume badge. This should take into account the reliability of the $ price feeds for those tokens
- Based on that, creating a snapshot of CoW Traders and their respective all time volume
- Proposing volume tiers for the badges based on the trader volume snapshot
- Designer from the CoW team will provide the badge artwork based on the proposed tiers and CoW design guidlines
- A CoW trader badge will be created on the Sismo playground, allowing users to create badges based on volume from a single account
- Estimated time to complete this milestone is two weeks (barring external dependencies like artwork design)
Possible future milestones:
- Create a PoC website that shows a simple leaderboard list based on the badges
- Allow users to connect their wallet and sign a message that will be displayed as their grafiti
- When Sismo enables proofs for aggregated accounts, incorporate that into the CoW trader badge
- Create additional rules for custom badges, for example:
- the loyal trader, only eligible if your address traded x days/weeks in a row
- the migrated trader, only eligible if you traded x volume on other dexs and later traded at least x on cowswap
- Add a special indication on the leader board for users that have additional special badges
- Create a discord gated channel exclusive for top traders
- Create a snapshot page that allows traders to vote
Funding request summery: 2.5k xDAI (500 payed upfront, 2k payed upon completion)
This applies only to Milestone 1.
Upon completion, future milestones can be specified and negotiated.
Development: 2500 xDAI
Gnosis Chain Address (to receive the grant):
Proposal was developed in collaboration with middleway.eth
Terms and conditions:
By applying for this grant, I agree to be bound by the CowDAO Participation Agreement and the COWDAO Grant Terms and Conditions.