CIP - draft: Should CoW introduce veCoW incentives and a revenue source?

$COW will still be the only tradable form of the token and the only way you can produce $veCOW. This approach worked fine for CRV and BAL.

I think you’ve misunderstood that part. There is no discounted $COW tokens sold. Only discounted $veCOW tokens (i.e. locked tokens). The discount is necessary when selling locked tokens and incentivized only the long-term thinking investors to buy. There is no arbitrage opportunity as we’re talking about 4-year lock-ups.

I agree with you. Solvers will be paid 100 $COW per winning settlement, though, to cover their costs and would be greatly benefited if we alleviated some of the $COW selling pressure.

I don’t think we should be giving out $COW rewards to $veCOW holders. A Gnosis safe that is controlled by the COW DAO for instance converts all significant token balances to $ETH. It would be more natural to pay rewards in whatever token we keep (or convert) our balances in.

The discount was a good idea to capture users and alleviate selling pressure that I introduced in this forum first. The problem is that we don’t have any revenue to continuously fund it, and we’ve only allocated 60 $ETH that will only cover us for about 3 months. The tiers could be more generous (i.e. require fewer tokens or provide higher discounts) if we had a constant source of revenue to fund them with.

1 Like