Proposal for Reopening COW Airdrop Claiming

Please reopen it, I didn’t have enough time to claim it and got so upset when understood that you had closed claiming , I was in a town which had not a good internet.
Please Open it again and give us another chance thank you

1 Like

I’m not an expert in this mater but since there’s some possible outcomes of legal actions against CowDAO (bluff or not some stuff was said on discord we can’t just ignore).

I would like to say that considering the fact that CowDAO already voted to enable swapping of vCOW to COW (after the claiming window ended) we eventually need to protect the DAO from any legal action making any future airdrop claim non swappable.

If we vote to give, or not, a soulbound non-swappable token with voting power (that can’t ever be sold, traded, converted, whatever) it can’t be considered a security so it shouldn’t be an issue. If we vote to give vCOW that can immediately be swapped to COW (it wasn’t the case when we claimed vCOW) we may be giving a security. Anyone that claimed vCOW before CIP-5 implementation (so far everyone) claimed a valueless token with no swap, but currently things aren’t exactly the same.

That said, to avoid any legal actions, issues with implementation of this changes (making some vCOW non swappable) we probably will do better not voting on this. We claimed a soulbound, non swappable token and CowDAO probably needs to keep it that way.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, at the appointed time, I was not able to claming the tokens. I got into family problems and missed the opportunity. For you and in honor of the community of cows​:rose::pray:

1 Like

I am in favour of this proposal, I al so missed the claim phase. I locked my GNO for one year and missed the announcement, didn’t even know there were a timeline.

I’m a token holder and I speak in my own interest in order to find a good solution.

Sincerely, I think that reopening the claim is the less expensive and more convenient solution from many points of view.

Please consider these uncertainties:

1. Are these Dao’s rules about the airdrop, like a so strict deadline, abide by the general legal principles used for LLC?

2. A pending legal suit or an authority investigation is not a good sign of a healthy project and it could affect its performance and trustworthiness over time.

3. Are you sure that you will save money and support the project by imposing an unwise brute force will on those who missed the deadline or do you risk damaging the project’s reputation and to ruin the community?

Potentially, a report to SEC is almost costless and Daos are so unregulated that the authority always finds something wrong. The outcomes of an authority investigation are highly unpredictable, the identifiable team members would be held accountable and the project could risk going bust.

In this case, CowSwap DAO would pay more to defend itself and would be more damaged in reputation than simply giving tokens to the people that missed the airdrop window.

For example, this is a recent case of authority investigation against Uniswap:

2 Likes

we need some time to fully understand your platform. its take a long time. please open cow airdrop again .

Where was this displayed in the UI?

I use CowSwap all the time, and never saw any notice of an airdrop. I only saw the number in the top right representing my claim, which I chose to wait to claim for tax reasons.

1 Like

I also Missed the Deadline in GNO locked up… Hope there be some way to Reopen and reward :slight_smile:

1 Like

=>

Since the airdrop claim isn’t available anymore, there’s an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw7p-xjKAAI

1 Like

Please reopen claims, I don’t even know how many COWs I can claim. At least let me take a look. I know that many people are scolding the airdrop of this project, but, whether there is an airdrop, my XDAI has always been traded here.

2 Likes

Come over to the Discord server and check for your address on the airdrop spreadsheet from January, and you’ll know how many tokens you missed by not claiming during the 6 weeks where the airdrop was available…

1 Like

Please give this chance again to people who failed to clim

Today I went to claim my airdrop. To my surprise, I was unable to do it. I started googling, and after some time, I realized that there was an expired deadline…

I am a Zodiac contributor, I have locked GNO, I run some Gnosis Beacon Chain validators, and I vote on GnosisDAO proposals that interest me. Basically, I am a pretty big fan of the Gnosis ecosystem and greatly appreciate their contributions to web3.

I do, however, not have time to follow projects closely on Discord or Twitter. To stay informed on what’s going on within the Gnosis ecosystem, I read the “Gnosis Chain Weekly”, and skim over the Gnosis Forum regularly (I do not read every post in detail). I also read Gnosis-related articles mentioned in other newsletters like Week in Ethereum News, etc.
Still, I have not been able to pick up any notion of a deadline. Even when googling for it, it was pretty hard to find. Try googling “cow token airdrop deadline”. The first place I find it is deep within “GIP-13 (Phase 2): CowDAO and COW Token” on the Gnosis forum, where two and six weeks are mentioned (but when did the airdrop start? Then we need to start digging for that information…).

For me, the airdrop value is not important. According to “vCoW Allocations (Updated 28/01/22) - Google Sheets” it’s a relative small airdrop for me. However, for the communication mishaps (as it seems to me), I think the deadline should be extended and this time communicated in all channels. I do believe this is the best for the CowDAO long run.

2 Likes

I agree with the principle of this proposal

2 Likes

Believe those who could not claim their tokens they are also people who paid attention to this dex and worked with it and tried to develop it and not paying attention to their demands is unfair…and I hope they create a new opportunity for us

1 Like

Hello good time
You gave me 99 tokens,When I sold it at 1.1172, I converted it to xDai. I was paid 80.288 xDai.Please check i

t

Considering actions from some people and the need to solve this “issue” I would like to suggest something very simple. Instead of focusing on why, how, when and all the legal implications (“Proposal for reopening…”), we should start with this simple question:

Should CowDAO consider reopening vCOW airdrop claims?

We can vote on this as soon as possible. If No wins, it’s over and we all move on. We know why people want to claim something they missed out but we don’t need to think on how or when or whatever else we need to do if the answer to this simple question is NO. It will bring closure to some people.

If Yes wins it doesn’t mean we will reopen the claim but the majority willing to consider that possibility will figure out how they can create a valid proposal safeguarding all CowDAO legal obligations. Once they find a solution we vote again on the how and when (the “Proposal for Reopening…”).

I can’t think of a better solution since I don’t think we should waste much time with something that may not even be what the majority wants.

3 Likes

I don’t agree. Please let people have time to express themselves

Good point, DAO choices and votes over anything else. That would stop these few people from relentlessly threatening with legal actions/posting FUD because they missed their airdrop. It can’t continue like that, I’ve seen good people leaving the server because they were sick of reading these few people threatening for their missed airdrop.

3 Likes

This feels like we’re (CowDAO) in this thread are being under bombardment of some coordinated, malicious social engineering campaign - to bully its community (CowDAO) into giving in to alter an already completed event which has taken place.

It’s like ripping the roof off a house after it has been constructed, because somebody demands an additional doorway in a bedroom of the basement.

There should be one answer to this particular endeavour: No.

5 Likes