The mission of the CoW Grants Program is to provide funding to help grow CoW Protocol’s ecosystem. For this, CoW Protocol is dedicating 600K wXDAI and 600K COW tokens worth of funds for the first 6 months of the grants being live.
The primary areas of growth for CoW Protocol under this proposal are defined as:
- CoWmunity growth
- User interface and user experience (UI/UX)
- Solver development
- Developer tools (SDK)
- Integrations and protocol order flow
The judgment criteria for the grant applications will be based on the following:
- Feasibility - Is the grant feasible to do at this moment or does the grant require upgrades in the protocol layer or overall ecosystem?
- Impact for the CoW ecosystem - How much of a positive impact will this grant have to the overall CoW Protocol ecosystem?
- Sanity - Is the amount of workload required for this grant accurate?
- Technical expertise of the grantee/s - Does the grantee have the technical expertise to deliver the grant milestones?
As CIP-8 lays out, the CoW Grants Program Safe is managed by two different multi-signature wallets. Safe #3 is shared with the CoW DAO (Safe #1) and the Grants Committee (Safe #2). Safe #3 holds all the grant funds. You can check the governing process in the image below: