CIP-4: COW liquidity incentive program

Proposal should include a fallback in case if the community doesn’t react.

Yes, I agree. GC is super dry and we can even have different prices across chains

1 Like

Nothing more to say. I share the exact same vision.

1 Like

How and where to vote for this proposal? I don’t see the “for” or “against” buttons. Can’t it be done on this forum? Where does the voting itself take place?

To account for IL, yes.

The voting will come soon. We are still working on setting up the governance infrastructure.

1 Like

Edit (09.03.2022): The proposal has been updated to reflect additional details to consider.

2 Likes

Happy with the changes, let’s get this out for a vote!

2 Likes

:sunny:gm, everyone!
I have read the proposal and the valid concerns some of the community members raise, and I am confident that I have a nice solution to make everyone happy.

Token liquidity is necessary to properly bootstrap the protocol governance, attracting and retaining an engaged community of such members who care to play an active part and govern the protocol into the future. Some might sell, some will buy, that’s good for price discovery.

Now, the solution. I’m with DXdao, and our developer community released a novel product , a platform for performance-driven community incentives with conditional KPI tokens. It is lightweight and versatile, not sharing the constraints and difficulties in setting up oracles that other similar protocols have. It allows for next generation liquidity mining, helping protocols reduce expenses to a minimum to get guaranteed ROI, only rewarding performance. Protocols lock rewards, choose a key performance indicator metric to track and tie to a target, and mint erc20 carrot tokens to distribute to farmers. In the end, farmers are allowed to unlock the underlying collateral only to the extent a campaign was successful. This can b token price, pair volume or TVL…, ideally paying out % on a range, e.g. 0%-100% along $7m-$12m TVL.

Bootstrapping liquidity on Gnosis Chain and/or Ethereum Mainnet wouldn’t be an issue with Swapr’s permissionless farming campaign creation and multi-reward distribution. Our community can chip-in :handshake::wink: with SWPR governance tokens, and maybe even GNO.
We have unique governance-adjustable protocol fees, so CowDAO can choose any from 0% to 10% for its pair/s.

Something really special I need to convey is that we are not directly competing with other DEXes. In just few weeks time, Swapr will become one of the first decentralized alt-frontends to CowSwap. We have an eco-routing feature allowing traders, to route and execute orders on other exchanges like Curve, Uniswap, SushiSwap, HoneySwap, if there’s deeper liquidity on any pair, offering less price impact and slippage, at no additional cost. :mage: And we’re adding CowSwap! /it’s done and being tested in the backend/

The frontend is truly decentralized, being governed by the community of the DAO, hosted on IPFS and matched to a DAO-owned ENS domain through an on-chain governance vote, making it censorship-resistant. 1inch is tapping into our liquidity pools.

The dApp is privacy-preserving and does not collect or track personal data or behavior with cookes for itself or to share with third parties. There’s just the public on-chain data from explorers.

We also use decentralized RPC endpoints from Pokt.Network!
Of course, DeFi users are probably sharing more that necessary (check: derp hoprnet org), but alas there isn’t much anyone can do to tackle that at present.

6 Likes

I also think cooperating with DXdao can be beneficial for both sides, both being brain-children of Gnosis and offering complementing products. DXdao is already at the vanguard of providing quality products through governance that above all benefits users and participants and I think this a direction CowDAO is already aligned with; MEV protection and offering normal users great deals that would normally be skimmed or taken by others behind the scenes.

The Carrot product is very interesting and could be a great way to integrate with the incentive program. Maybe Arhat or others can suggest a way that KPIs can be defined in order to reward LPs in the face of impermanent loss and even better if there is a way to use any KPIs/adjustable fees to encourage the price to not be too volatile in either direction which is more likely at first.

I.e. I would be interested in any suggestions by DXdao or others in how we can enable price discovery in a sustainable and rewardable way.

4 Likes

Since Swapr allows multi-reward campaign creation, it’s easy to implement, but of course, one can never predict the future and guarantee any results.
It is possible to split and lock the rewards in 3 different carrot tokens tracking different metrics.
One can target a liquidity range to provide better experience to traders.
Another can target volume to liquidity ratio, to return value to LPs.
A third can target a price range for stability. /this correlates with TVL, and both need to be well thought out/
Depending on the size of rewards locked in each carrot campaign, each carrot will have a different weight and influence on users.
We would avoid suggesting defined parameters ourselves, and feel it’s best to leave it to the CowDAO community to vote on their campaigns of choice.

2 Likes

Has the consideration for using COW tokens as a bribing mechanism for the pools on balancer been considered? As opposed to giving away the COW token as a liquidity provision reward we can bribe the gauge system in what would be considered “BAL Wars” so BAL is incentivizing our pool(s) while we most likely save COW tokens as opposed to giving them to Liquidity providers. Seems to be more cost effective to bribe than just incentivize the pool in recent iterations (Curve and BEETs wars).

Swapr is an excellent dex with many innovative products and would be a great place to home COW liquidity on Gnosis Chain.

That said, I would also like to suggest that the community consider using Symmetric, a Balancer fork on Gnosis Chain. Symmetric could support a COW-WETH-GNO pool, as well as liquidity incentives.

Symmetric currently has Balancer v1 pools live and will be rolling out their Balancer v2 fork in the coming weeks. They also intend to seek friendly fork status with Balancer under the BFF program.

3 Likes

Would it be possible to have a Stablepool with COW or more options with GNO & COW?

That’s out of the scope of this proposal, but could make for an interesting new proposal :cow:

1 Like

Do you have concrete estimation for how much it will save?
For example:
Direct COW incentives: 100k COW a week (x$ worth)
Gauge bribe: 60k COW bribe results in same x$ BAL rewards for the pool

I think that on the high level it makes more sense to reward COW as the base assumption is that LPs are COW believers and will keep at least some of it.
Gauge bribe seems like high probability of dumping. But if it achieves same $ reward with lets say 50% of the net expense for the DAO, might be worth considering.

1 Like

I’d like to consider hosting some liquidity at Symmetric as well. Now or in the future. There’s multi-asset pools where we could create a matching pool to the pool on mainnet. There’s also the ability to offer dual incentives in Symm and COW.

There’s potentially some real synergy as symmetric is presenting a proposal to Balancer this week to become the balancer friendly fork of gnosis chain, along with future collaboration between the two projects.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s appropriate to add liquidity at $0.3. Apy is not even better than a stablecoin’s liquidity mining. How to attract liquidity? I think liquidity should be added at $1

You are touching on two different points.

1. Token price: Nobody knows what will be the token price. 0.3$ was used as a VERY rough estimation and is not based on any concrete analysis. There’s no reason to believe it will have any influence on the real price if/when the token is traded.

2. APY is intentionally targeted low to try and attract long term holders of COW and not speculators. Having said that it will depend on the token price and amount of liquidity in the pool. So we’ll need to wait and see

1 Like

What I think is to find a balance between attracting liquidity and long-term holders. When Cow liquidity mining is not as good as stablecoin mining, it is difficult to bring benefits to long-term holders and investors, and a large number of chips are lost. , it will also pose a threat to community management, I hope the team will seriously consider